Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Okay, I admit it. I'm tired, er, exhausted. I am now 36 weeks + 4 days, which if we go by the fact that I usually deliver at 38 weeks, means I have around 10 days left (!!!!) That sounds incredibly soon. But, considering all the aches and pains that go along with being this pregnant, maybe it's not soon enough. The past week has been on and off again with the weather. I did get my dresser painted, but it's not complete. I need to buy new hardware but I'm being frugal and I decided to wait until it goes 50% off again at Hobby Lobby. Also, the mirror needs to be done. We are probably going to put a frame of some sort around it. I plan to get to it soon, but this weekend has got to be garden weekend.
Okay, so here's a reminder of the before:



And here's the after:



You'll notice the old handles in some of the holes.



The color we went with is Crystal Aqua by Valspar. It is a latex paint, not a spray paint. I was trying different techniques here and I have to say that the easiest technique (and fastest) is still going to be spray primer (Kilz) and spray paint--a la All Things Thrifty. If I had to do it over, that's what I would do. It's hard to tell the color by these pictures. I should've taken a picture of it while it was still outside, but my camera's battery was dead and we weren't patient enough to charge it before bringing it in. Sorry! But, I do LOVE the color. It is a HUGE improvement to the old dresser!



Looking at all the projects left to do in my garage also makes me tired. Tuesday I was too exhausted to even think about sanding/painting even though it was (finally) nice weather. So I sewed instead (I had probably 12 pairs of jeans that needed to be skinny-fied or turned into shorts.)



Yesterday I pulled several items from the project pile and started priming them. Then I did something that filled me with relief. I called my sister-in-law to offer her one of my blue chairs, AND I listed a dresser (not pictured) on KSL. It sold today, so I've got that much more space in my garage and that much less work to do! Hallelujah!! But, I've got to get the rest of these things done in the next 10 days!! (We'll see...) I did start painting the two chairs today, and I finished painting the frames, bookends, and "parking garage". Now I just need to finish painting the two chairs, and finish 2 or 3 other projects that aren't pictured here.

No comments:

Post a Comment